Minguy River facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsMinguy River
|Native name||Rivière Minguy|
|MRC||Montmagny Regional County Municipality|
|Main source||Agricultural streams
324 metres (1,063 ft)
|River mouth||Rivière du Sud (Montmagny)
13 metres (43 ft)
|Length||23.1 kilometres (14.4 mi)|
|Progression||Rivière du Sud (Montmagny), St. Lawrence River|
The main neighboring watersheds of the Minguy River are:
- north side: rivière des Perdrix, Bras Saint-Nicolas, rivière du Sud (Montmagny), St. Lawrence River;
- east side: rivière des Perdrix, Bras Saint-Nicolas;
- south side: Poitras River, Morigeau River;
- west side: rivière du Sud (Montmagny).
The Minguy River has its source in the eastern part of the municipality of Montmagny, near the limit of Cap-Saint-Ignace.
From its source, the Minguy River flows over 23.1 kilometres (14.4 mi), with a drop of 311 metres (1,020 ft), divided into the following segments:
- 6.2 kilometres (3.9 mi) heading west in Montmagny, to route 283;
- 3.5 kilometres (2.2 mi) north-west, up to the Trans-Comté road;
- 5.0 kilometres (3.1 mi) south-east, up to a road in Montmagny;
- 5.3 kilometres (3.3 mi) southwest, to a road;
- 2.4 kilometres (1.5 mi) north to a road;
- 0.7 kilometres (0.43 mi) north-west, up to its confluence.
The Minguy River flows onto the south bank of the rivière du Sud (Montmagny). This confluence is located upstream from the highway 20 bridge, downstream from the confluence of the Miscou stream and downstream from the rue Principale bridge.
The toponym Minguy River was formalized on December 5, 1968 at the Commission de toponymie du Québec.
Minguy River Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.