Power facts for kids
|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: power.|
Power has different meanings when talking about different subjects:
- Power (physics), how fast energy can be changed into work
- Electric power, electricity that comes from power plants or generators
- In sociology, power is the ability of a person to make another person do something. This might also be called influence or control.
- Statistical power, how likely the test is to say something is true when it is really true
- Exponentiation; in mathematics, "power" is multiplying a number by itself. In the expression 23, where we multiply 3 2's together ( 2 * 2 * 2 ) we say that 2 is raised to the power of 3
- A life force, called chi by the Chinese and kiai by the Japanese.
- In politics a great power is more powerful than other countries.
Power Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.