St John the Baptist's Church, Kirby Wiske facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsSt John the Baptist’s Church, Kirby Wiske
St John the Baptist’s Church, Kirby Wiske
|Denomination||Church of England|
|Dedication||St John the Baptist|
|Heritage designation||Grade II* listed|
|Parish||Ainderby Steeple with Yafforth and Kirby Wiske with Maunby|
|Archdeaconry||Richmond and Craven|
The church dates from the twelfth century with 14th and 15th century additions.
The church is in a joint parish with
- St Helen's Church, Ainderby Steeple
- St Andrew’s Church, Great Fencote
- St Wilfrid’s Church, Great Langton
- St Mary’s Church, Kirkby Fleetham
- St Radegund's Church, Scruton
- All Saints' Church, Yafforth
A pipe organ was built in 1883 at a cost of £400 by Isaac Abbott of Leeds. A specification of the organ can be found on the National Pipe Organ Register.
St John the Baptist's Church, Kirby Wiske Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.