Stafford railway station facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsStafford
|A Class 390 Pendolino at Stafford in 2018|
|Managed by||Avanti West Coast|
|Platforms in use||5|
|Live arrivals/departures and station information from National Rail|
|Key dates||Opened 4 July 1837|
|National Rail - UK railway stations|
|A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
Stafford railway station is a mainline railway station that serves the market town of Stafford in Staffordshire, England. It is situated on a the junction of the Trent Valley line branch of the West Coast Main Line and the Rugby–Birmingham–Stafford line.
The station is the second busiest in Staffordshire, the busiest being Stoke-on-Trent.
- 1tph to Liverpool Lime Street (fast). Operated by Avanti West Coast.
- 1tph to Crewe only. Operated by London Northwestern Railway.
- 2tph to Liverpool Lime Street (semi-fast). Operated by London Northwestern Railway.
- 2tph to Manchester Piccadilly. Operated by CrossCountry.
Other services which do not operate on a regular basis are also present at Stafford, including other Avanti West Coast services and Transport for Wales services.
- 2tph to Birmingham New Street (semi-fast). Operated by London Northwestern Railway
- 1tph to London Euston (semi-fast). Operated by London Northwestern Railway.
- 1tph to London Euston only. Operated by Avanti West Coast.
- 1tph to Bournemouth via Coventry and Reading. Operated by CrossCountry.
- 1tph to Bristol Temple Meads, with some trains continuing to Paignton or Plymouth. Operated by CrossCountry.
Images for kids
Stafford railway station Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.