The Large Family facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsThe Large Family
|Genre||Children's television series|
|Voices of||Jeff Rawle
|Narrated by||Maureen Lipman (only on the audiobooks)|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||52|
|Running time||12 minutes per episode (approx.)|
LuxAnimation (Season 1)
|Original network||CBeebies (UK)
TF1 and Playhouse Disney (France)
|Original release||October 15, 2007– March 10, 2010|
The Large Family (French: La Famille Trompette) is a 2007-2010 British-French children's television series based on the book series of the same name written by Jill Murphy. The series was produced by Coolabi, GO-N Entertainment, LuxAnimation (Season 1) and DQ Entertainment with the participation of TF1, Playhouse Disney France and CBeebies (Season 2). It aired on CBeebies in the UK (and on other countries with a version of CBeebies) and TF1 in France. The series focuses on a family of anthropomorphic elephants, the Larges. It consists of two seasons with 26 episodes of up to 12 minutes each. The first season started on 15 October 2007, and the second season aired in 2010.
The Large Family
- Mr Larry Large: (voiced by Jeff Rawle) The kind-hearted patriarch of the family.
- Mrs Linda Large: (voiced by Paula Wilcox) The sometimes forgetful matriarch of the family.
- Lester Large: (voiced by Tyger Drew-Honey) The oldest Large child in the family who mostly rides a skateboard. Lester normally acts "cool". He wears an orange hoodie and brown trousers.
- Laura Large: (voiced by Rosie Day) The second-oldest Large child who is pretty much in charge of the other three Large children. She is the most sensible and level-headed of the Larges and enjoys painting pictures.
- Luke Large: (voiced by Thomas Mole) The second-youngest Large child who mostly wears a green shirt and blue trousers. Excitable and eager, Luke usually goes along with whatever his older siblings are doing.
- Lucy Large: The youngest of the Large children who can only say a few words like "Me" and "Too".
The Smart Family
- Mr Seymour Smart: (voiced by Struan Rodger) The Larges' next-door neighbour. His job is unspecified, but he seems to be reasonably well-off, providing his family with expensive things and holidays.
- Mrs Sheena Smart: (voiced by Josie Lawrence) Mr Smart's snobbish, stuck-up wife. She is a full-time busybody who feels the need to interfere in the business of others (particularly the Larges), whether they want her help or not.
- Sebastian Smart: (voiced by Theo Smith) Mr. and Mrs Smart's slightly mollycoddled son. He is friends with the Large children (something his parents are not very happy with), and plays the trombone.
- Sarah Smart: (voiced by Mae Wright) Sebastian's cousin, and the object of Lester's affections, which she clearly returns.
- Miss Lovely: A teacher at the Large children's school.
- Simon Short: The owner of the local store.
- Peter Perfect: (voiced by Theo Smith) The boy at school who's good at everything.
- Simon Strong: He is only mentioned in the episode "Dino Disaster".
- Micky Muddle: He is only mentioned in the episode "The Wrong End of the Stick".
- Susan Special: (voiced by Mae Wright) The girl at school who's in fashion.
- Mrs. Gray: One of the Large Family's elderly neighbours. She took on teaching Lester's class when Miss Lovely was ill in "The Old New Teacher".
- Mr. Grand: Another of the Larges' elderly neighbours.
- Julie: One of Laura's friends.
- Lola: A girl who appears in the episode "Mr Short's Christmas", who also has a crush on Lester Large (apparently before Lester Large met Sarah).
The Large Family Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.