1045 facts for kids
|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||1010s 1020s 1030s – 1040s – 1050s 1060s 1070s|
|Years:||1042 1043 1044 – 1045 – 1046 1047 1048|
- Emperor Go-Reizei ascends the throne of Japan.
- Harold Godwinson becomes Earl of Wessex.
- Edward the Confessor marries Edith.
- Edward the Confessor begins construction on Westminster Abbey.
- Pope Benedict IX sells the Papacy to Pope Gregory VI.
- Movable type printing is invented by Bi Sheng in China.
- June – Rainulf Drengot, Norman adventurer.
All content from Kiddle encyclopedia articles (including the article images and facts) can be freely used under Attribution-ShareAlike license, unless stated otherwise. Cite this article:1045 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.