1761 facts for kids
|Centuries:||17th century – 18th century – 19th century|
|Decades:||1730s 1740s 1750s – 1760s – 1770s 1780s 1790s|
|Years:||1758 1759 1760 – 1761 – 1762 1763 1764|
- January 14 – Third Battle of Panipat was fought between Marathas and Afghans
- January 16 – British capture Pondicherry, India from the French.
- February 8 – Earthquake in London breaks chimneys in Limehouse and Poplar
- March 8 – Second earthquake in North London, Hampstead and Highgate
- In Dutch Guayana a “state” formed by escaped slaves signs a treaty with the local governor
- Opening of Matthew Boulton's Soho Manufactory.
- Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star is published, in France.
- June 6 – Transit of Venus occurred, and was observed from 120 locations around the globe.
- The vizier Muhammad Abu al Kaylak, who had led the Funj army in wars, carries out a Sennar palace coup, relegating the sultan to a figurehead role. (History of Sudan (Coming of Islam to the Turkiyah))
- for more information, see Category:1761 births.
1761 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.