242 facts for kids
|Centuries:||2nd century – 3rd century – 4th century|
|Decades:||210s 220s 230s – 240s – 250s 260s 270s|
|Years:||239 240 241 – 242 – 243 244 245|
- Emperor Gordian III begins fighting against King Shapur I. The Greek philosopher Plotinus joins him and hopes to get first-hand knowledge of Persian and Indian philosophies.
- Gordian III leaves the Cimmerian cities in the Bosphorus (Crimea), as the land is now controlled by the Goths.
- Patriarch Titus succeeds Patriarch Eugenius I as Patriarch of Constantinople.
- Cao Mao, fourth emperor of the Kingdom of Wei (d. 260)
- Saloninus, Roman Emperor (d. 260)
- Sun Hao, last emperor of the Kingdom of Wu (d. 284)
242 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.