490s facts for kids
|Centuries:||4th century – 5th century – 6th century|
|Decades:||460s 470s 480s – 490s – 500s 510s 520s|
|Years:||490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499|
|Categories:||Births – Deaths – Architecture
Establishments – Disestablishments
- Possible timing of King Arthur's victory over the Saxons.
- 493 – Death of Saint Patrick.
- 494 – Pope Gelasius I delineates the relationship between church and state.
- 494 – An earthquake devastates Latakia.
- 494 – Under Emperor Xiaowen the capital of Northern Wei, a state in China capital is moved from Datong to Luoyang, a city long acknowledged as a major center in Chinese history.
Women's History Month on Kiddle
Women Scientists of Antiquity
|Mary the Jewess|
All content from Kiddle encyclopedia articles (including the article images and facts) can be freely used under Attribution-ShareAlike license, unless stated otherwise. Cite this article:490s Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.