Andoni Aduriz facts for kids
Andoni Luis Aduriz is a Spanish chef and owner of Mugaritz, a Basque restaurant in Errenteria, Spain. Mugaritz has maintained two Michelin guide stars since 2006 and was named the World's 3rd best restaurant in the World's 50 Best list in 2014.
Aduriz was born in San Sebastián in 1971 and attended the Donostia School of Cuisine. He studied under Pedro Subijana, Juan Mari Arzak and Ramon Roteta and then moved to Catalonia in 1993 to work with chef Ferran Adria at El Bulli.
He opened Mugaritz in 1998. Beginning in 2011, the restaurant has been closed for four months each year to allow for work on research and development for the menu.
In 2018 Aduriz opened a second restaurant called Topa Sulkaderia in San Sebastián, Spain.
He is the founder of Dialogos de Cocina, an international conference that promotes the exchange of ideas between chefs, research groups and others.
He was the Final Plate Judge in Season 1, episode 2 of the Netflix series The Final Table.
Aduriz published his first English cookbook in 2012, called Mugaritz. He published a follow-up cookbook that also included music, film and poetry called Mugaritz B.S.O. in 2013.
- 2013 4th Best Restaurant in the World, Restaurant magazine.
- 2012 Witzigmann Prize for Innovation
- 2003 Best Chef of the Year award from Lo Mejor de la Gastronomía Congress
- 2001 Best Young Chef's Dish Award from Lo Mejor de la Gastronomía
- 2001 Best Pastry Chef of the Year Award from Lo Mejor de la Gastronomía
Andoni Aduriz Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.