Arts District, Dallas facts for kids
|Dallas Arts District|
Location in Dallas
|• Total||0.11 sq mi (0.28 km2)|
|• Land||0.11 sq mi (0.28 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||459 ft (140 m)|
|ZIP code||75201, 75202|
|Area code(s)||214, 469, 972|
It is south of State Thomas, southeast of Uptown, north of the City Center District, west of Bryan Place and east of the West End Historic District. It is bounded by St. Paul Street, Ross Avenue, Spur 366 (Woodall Rodgers Freeway), and the US 75/I-45 (unsigned I-345) elevated freeway (Central Expressway). (Previously the district extended east only to Routh Street, but a 9 March 2005 Dallas City Council approval extended it east to I-345.) The Arts District is the founder and member of the Global Cultural Districts Network.
The district is 68 acres (0.28 km²) large and is home to some of Dallas’ most significant cultural landmarks including facilities for visual, performing, and developing arts.
Arts District Venues
The Arts District is home to 13 facilities and organizations including The Annette Strauss Artist Square, the Belo Mansion/Dallas Bar Association, Booker T. Washington High School for the Performing and Visual Arts, Cathedral Shrine of the Virgin of Guadalupe, Dallas Black Dance Theatre, Dallas Museum of Art, Dallas Symphony Orchestra, Dallas Theater Center, Morton H. Meyerson Symphony Center, Nasher Sculpture Center, St. Paul United Methodist Church, Fellowship Church, Trammell Crow Center, and the Trammell & Margaret Crow Collection of Asian Art.
In addition, multiple other organizations perform in the District on an ongoing basis. This includes everything from concerts to outdoor festivals, to lectures, youth education programs and more.
- AT&T Performing Arts Center
- Annette Strauss Artist Square
- Dee and Charles Wyly Theatre
- Margot and Bill Winspear Opera House
- Dallas City Performance Hall
- Booker T. Washington High School for the Performing and Visual Arts
- The Trammell & Margaret Crow Collection of Asian Art
- Dallas Museum of Art
- Morton H. Meyerson Symphony Center
- Nasher Sculpture Center
- Klyde Warren Park
- Belo Mansion / Dallas Bar Association
- Cathedral Santuario de Guadalupe
- Dallas Black Dance Theatre (formerly the Moorland YMCA)
- Fellowship Church (Downtown Campus)
- Trammell Crow Center
- Klyde Warren Park
- St. Paul United Methodist Church
- DART: Blue Line, Red Line, Green Line, and Orange Line
- McKinney Avenue Transit Authority M-Line runs from McKinney Avenue south down St. Paul Street to Federal Street, east along Federal to Olive Street, and north on Olive back up to McKinney.
- Spur 366 (Woodall Rodgers Freeway)
- US 75 Central Expressway/ I-45 connection (unsigned I-345)
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:mw' not found.
Images for kids
Arts District, Dallas Facts for Kids. Homework Help - Kiddle Encyclopedia.