Barney (British TV series) facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsBarney
|Voices of||Tim Brooke-Taylor
|Narrated by||Enn Reitel|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of episodes||13|
|Original network||BBC One|
|Original release||27 December 1988– 26 April 1989|
Barney is a British animated children's television series that aired on BBC One from 27 December 1988 to 26 April 1989. It also aired on The Disney Channel in the United States as a segment on the program Lunch Box and later on Cartoon Network as part of their anthology series for younger children called Small World as well as airing in several other countries including Sweden, France, Singapore, Australia, Finland, Ireland, Israel, South Africa, Hungary, Hong Kong and Canada and on British forces overseas television which airs the series in Germany, Cyprus and the Falkland Islands.
- Barney (voiced by Tim Brooke-Taylor): An Old English Sheepdog who has many adventures with his best friend Roger and constantly looks for fame and fortune.
- Roger (voiced by Harry Enfield): A mouse who lives on the top of Barney's head inside his hair.
- Desmond (voiced by Harry Enfield): An Afghan dog friend with sunglasses that talks in a Michael Caine-ish tone of voice who is head of the TV house.
- Corneila (voiced by Jan Ravens): a lovely lady chihuahua who sometimes isn't very keen on Barney's attitude.
- Francine (voiced by Jan Ravens): a friendly Irish setter who helps Barney on his quest for stardom.
- Mr Prophet (voiced by Enn Reitel): a Spaniel who sometimes has a depressed attitude but is usually cheerful.
- Lost and Found: Two Dalmatian puppies who were found on Christmas Eve by Barney and were given to Mr Prophet as a Christmas present.
|No.||Title||Original air date||Prod.
|1||"Barney's Christmas Surprise"||27 December 1988||1|
|Two puppies Lost and Found turn up at Barney's doorstep and become the best Christmas present for Mr Prophet.|
|2||"Barney Gets into Mischief"||8 February 1989||2|
|Barney and his friends go to the fair, but Barney runs into trouble with a hot air balloon.|
|3||"Barney's Hungry Day"||15 February 1989||3|
|Barney goes on a diet, but Roger shows him the weighing scale is broken.|
|4||"Barney's Treasure Hunt"||22 February 1989||4|
|Barney's attempts at gardening ruin the garden, while Roger works on his own planting.|
|5||"Barney's Forgotten Birthday"||1 March 1989||5|
|Barney thinks everyone's forgotten his birthday, until Roger gives him a real surprise.|
|6||"Barney Nabs a Crook"||8 March 1989||6|
|Barney and Roger blame each other for an empty fridge, but a detective reveals Barney ate all the food sleepwalking.|
|7||"Barney's Big Spring Clean"||15 March 1989||8|
|Barney does spring cleaning in his house, but ends up cleaning Roger's home instead.|
|8||"Barney's TV Act"||22 March 1989||7|
|Barney goes to London to become a TV star, but Roger becomes the star instead.|
|9||"Barney the TV Director"||29 March 1989||9|
|Barney wants to be involved in a TV Show at Corneila's house, but his interruptions anger Desmond.|
|10||"Barney's Winter Holiday"||5 April 1989||10|
|Barney has trouble skiing until a dog called Mitzi helps him and they win a prize.|
|11||"Barney Goes to the Seaside"||12 April 1989||11|
|On a trip to the seaside, Barney and his friends annoy each other and quickly make up.|
|12||"Barney Gets a Visitor"||19 April 1989||12|
|Byron pays a visit to Barney, but Byron eats him out of house and home. Roger takes care of the problem.|
|13||"Barney on TV"||26 April 1989||13|
|Barney gets a new job in the TV Studio as a stage assistant, which proves to be exhausting, Series Finale.|
Barney (British TV series) Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.