Big City Greens facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsBig City Greens
|Created by||The Houghton Brothers|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||55 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Disney Television Animation|
|Original network||Disney Channel|
|Picture format||HDTV 720p|
|Audio format||5.1 surround sound|
|Original release||June 18, 2018– present|
Big City Greens is an American animated comedy and adventure television series created by the Houghton brothers that premiered on Disney Channel on June 18, 2018, and produced by Disney Television Animation. The series features the voices of Chris Houghton, Marieve Herington, Bob Joles, and Artemis Pebdani.
The series focuses on the Green family. After losing his farm in the country, Bill Green and his two children, Cricket and Tilly, move in with his mother Alice (Gramma), who lives on a small farm in the middle of a big city, aptly named Big City.
List of Big City Greens episodes
The series' main characters are the members of the Green family:
- Cricket (voiced by Chris Houghton) is a trouble-making country boy who is always barefoot. He is fascinated by every discovery he makes in Big City. His middle name is revealed to be Ernest in "Bleeped".
- Tilly (voiced by Marieve Herington) is Cricket's older sister, with an eccentric and imaginative nature. She is frequently accompanied by Saxon, a homemade doll Tilly created out of an old sack.
- Bill (voiced by Bob Joles as an adult; Andre Robinson as a child) is Cricket and Tilly's father. A skilled farmer, Bill is overprotective and cautious, having lost part of a finger in a hay baler accident.
- Gramma Alice (voiced by Artemis Pebdani), is Bill's mother and Cricket and Tilly's paternal grandmother, who owns the Green family farm in Big City. She frequently exhibits cantankerous and combative behavior to hide her love and affection for her family.
- Nancy (voiced by Wendi McLendon-Covey) is Cricket and Tilly's mother and Bill's ex-wife. A former biker with a rebellious streak, she was briefly incarcerated before being released after the family moved to Big City. While they are divorced, she and Bill remain good friends, and she is a frequent presence in the children's lives.
- Remy (voiced by Zeno Robinson) is Cricket's best friend whom he meets shortly after moving to Big City. He comes from a rich family and struggles with his self-confidence. His last name is revealed to be Remington in "Remy Rescue".
- Gloria Sato (voiced by Anna Akana) is the Japanese American barista at Big Coffee who becomes friends and co-workers with Cricket. She dreams of one day saving up enough money to leave Big City and move to Paris, France.
- Officer Keys (voiced by Andy Daly as an adult, Jason Maybaum as a child) is a Big City police officer with an overly cheery and oblivious personality.
- Kiki (voiced by Monica Ray) is part of a group of children that frequently play with Cricket, Tilly and Remy. Her last name is revealed to be Kitashima in "Chipocalypse Now".
- Benny (voiced by Luke Lowe) is part of a group of children that frequently play with Cricket, Tilly and Remy.
- Weezie (Lamar Woods) is part of a group of children that frequently play with Cricket, Tilly and Remy. His real name is revealed to be Westley Eastman in "Chipocalypse Now".
- Brett (voiced by Colton Dunn) is the Greens' easygoing next door neighbor who works at an animal shelter. His last name is revealed to be Eze in "Chipocalypse Now".
- Chip Whistler (voiced by Paul Scheer) is the Green family's rival and manager of the Wholesome Foods supermarket, a parody of Whole Foods Market. He later becomes the CEO of the Wholesome Foods Corporation after his father's retirement. A running gag is that his attempts to drive the Greens out of Big City usually gets his front tooth chipped.
- Vasquez (voiced by Danny Trejo) is Remy's bodyguard who watches over him when his parents are unavailable.
- Rashida Remington (voiced by Lorraine Toussaint) is Remy's well-to-do mother who works as a lawyer.
- Russell Remington (voiced by Colton Dunn) is Remy's father and Rashida's husband. He is a lawyer and former football player for the Big City Bengals.
- Andromeda (voiced by Nicole Byer) is Tilly's best friend. She is a conspiracy theorist with a strong belief in aliens, supernatural phenomena, and government cover-ups.
- Maria Media (voiced by Raven-Symoné) is a local news reporter in Big City.
- Community Sue (voiced by Betsy Sodaro) is the director of the Big City Community Center. She constantly shouts during conversations and regularly encourages others to adopt more health-conscious behaviors. Her last name is revealed to be Lanemoto in "Chipocalypse Now".
- Gwendolyn Zapp (voiced by Cheri Oteri) is the CEO of the BigTech technology company. She is an eccentric and slightly mad inventor, creating high-tech products that tend to go haywire.
Notable guest stars
- Waiter (voiced by Jim Rash) appears in "Fill Bill."
- Fish (voiced by Busta Rhymes) appears in "Fill Bill."
- Pepper Merchant (voiced by Griffin McElroy) appears in "Feud Fight".
- Louis (voiced by Jon Hamm) appears in "Big Deal".
- Jyle (voiced by Wallace Shawn) appears in "Night Bill".
- Gabriella Espinosa (voiced by Jenna Ortega) appears in "Valentine's Dance" and "Gabriella's Fella".
- Dr. Enamel (voiced by Fozzie Bear) appears in "Hurty Tooth".
- Wyatt (voiced by Alex Hirsch) appears in "Park Pandemonium".
- Donny Tinselton (voiced by Thomas Middleditch) appears in "Cricket's Kapowie".
- Hair Stylist (voiced by Jonathan Van Ness) appears in "Cricket's Kapowie".
- Santa Claus (voiced by Christopher Lloyd) appears in "Green Christmas".
- Mr. Whistler (voiced by Ed Begley Jr.) appears in "Reckoning Ball" and "Chipwrecked."
- Grampa Green (voiced by Tim Blake Nelson) appears in "Garage Tales".
- Phoenix (voiced by Jameela Jamil) appears in "Animal Farm".
- Cogburn (voiced by Alfred Molina) appears in "Animal Farm".
- Other Bill Green (voiced by Jim O'Heir) appears in "Animal Farm".
- Canteloupe Sinclair (voiced by Melissa Fumero) appears in "Dolled Up".
- Tom Hanks (voiced by himself) speaks offscreen at the end of "Cheap Show".
- Mimi O'Malley (voiced by Lucy Lawless) appears in "Cricket's Tickets".
- Gregly (voiced by Tim Robinson) appears in "Cricket's Tickets".
- Gertie (voiced by Sandy Martin) appears in "Super Gramma!".
- Librarian (voiced by Linda Hamilton) appears in "Quiet Please".
- Chairwoman (voiced by Mary Holland) appears in "Chipwrecked".
On March 8, 2016, Disney XD greenlit the series under the title of Country Club. The series is created by the brothers Chris and Shane Houghton, who originally worked on Nickelodeon's Harvey Beaks. Chris Houghton also worked as a storyboard artist on Gravity Falls with Rob Renzetti. The series was later renamed to Big City Greens on July 24, 2017. The theme song was written and performed by The Mowgli's, and on July 28, 2017, a sneak peek of it was revealed at the 2017 San Diego Comic-Con and was uploaded to Disney XD's YouTube channel on the same day. On May 17, 2018, it was reported that Disney Channel had ordered a second season of Big City Greens ahead of the series' debut. On October 7, 2019, it was announced that the second season will premiere on November 4, 2019, however, it got pushed back to November 16, 2019. On January 13, 2021, the series was renewed for a third season.
When announced, the series was scheduled to premiere in 2018 on Disney XD; however, on March 26, 2018, it was reported that the series would debut on Disney Channel in mid-2018. On May 17, 2018, The Hollywood Reporter reported that the series would premiere on Disney Channel as part of Disney Channel's GO! Summer on June 18, 2018. The series premiere was made available for streaming via the DisneyNow app and the Disney Channel YouTube channel as of June 8, 2018. Additional new episodes premiered on This Week mornings at 10:00 AM throughout the summer. In addition, Big City Greens shorts began airing on Disney Channel and the Disney Channel YouTube channel on June 4, 2018.
|Season||Episodes||First aired||Last aired||Avg. viewers
|1||30||June 18, 2018||0.68||March 11, 2019||0.61||0.63||TBD|
|2||20||November 4, 2019||0.54||TBA||TBD||0.48||TBD|
A multiplayer game titled Big City Battle!, where players compete against each other in order to earn a place as a member of the Green family, was released on the DisneyNOW app.
Big City Greens Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.