Chester Township, Geauga County, Ohio facts for kids
Quick facts for kids
Chester Township, Geauga County, Ohio
Former Chester Township District School No. 2
Location of Chester Township in Geauga County
|• Total||23.5 sq mi (60.9 km2)|
|• Land||23.4 sq mi (60.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.3 km2)|
|Elevation||1,220 ft (372 m)|
|• Density||438/sq mi (169.3/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086151|
Located in the northwestern corner of the county, it borders the following townships and municipalities:
- Kirtland - north
- Chardon Township - northeast corner
- Munson Township - east
- Newbury Township - southeast corner
- Russell Township - south
- Hunting Valley - southwest corner
- Gates Mills - west
- Willoughby Hills - northwest corner
Name and history
Chester Township was established in 1816.
It is one of five Chester Townships statewide.
- Fordyce R. Melvin, Wisconsin State Assemblyman, farmer, and businessman, was born in the township.
Chester Township, Geauga County, Ohio Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.