Chittar facts for kids
Quick facts for kids
An Elephant used to load timber in Chittar
|• Body||Chittar grama panchayath|
|• Total||25.9 km2 (10.0 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,311.9/km2 (3,398/sq mi)|
|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||KL-62, KL-03|
|Coastline||0 kilometres (0 mi)|
|Nearest city||Vadasserikkara, Angamoozhy|
|Climate||Tropical summer (Köppen)|
|Avg. summer temperature||35 °C (95 °F)|
|Avg. winter temperature||18 °C (64 °F)|
Chittar is a village in Pathanamthitta district, Kerala state, India. It is a Panchayat situated in the Ranni Taluk. Chittar was given the Nirmal Gram award from Pratibha Patil, the former President of India.
Chittar lies in the eastern part of Pathanamthitta district.
The panchayath of Chittar was formed in 30 September 1970 by partitioning the Vadaseerikkara and Seethathodu panchayaths in Ranni taluk. The panchayath is divided into 13 wards.
- Chittar thottam
- Chittar thekkekkara
- Govt. L.P.S. Chittar Estate
- L.P.School Neeliplavu,
- Holy Family Public School,
- Govt. H. S. S., Chittar,
- Govt. Model L. P. S., Chittar,
- V. K. N. M. V. H. S. S, Vayyattupuzha
- Komala Vilasm School, Padayanippara
- Little Angels English Medium High School
- Royal Parallel College, Chittar
- Santhinikethan College chittar.
- SNDP Arts College, Ettichuvadu - Meenkuzhi, chittar
- Caarmel Engineering College, R-Perunad
- Ideal Parallel College, Chittar
- Musalliar Engineering College, *Malayalappuzha
- Mount Zion Engineering College, Kadammanitta
- Pushpagiri Medical College, Tiruvalla
- Muthoot Nursing College, Pathanamthitta
- St. Thomas College, Ranni,
- Catholicate College, Pathanamthitta
- Mar Ivanios ITC, Seethathodu
The people of Chittar are mainly farmers and plantation workers. People began settling down in Chittar about 75 years ago. As of 2001[update] India census, Chittar had a population of 33977 with 16498 males and 17479 females.
Chittar Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.