Clayton Stanley facts for kids
Clayton Stanley (born 20 January 1978) is an American volleyball player, a member of United States men's national volleyball team, a participant of the Olympic Games (Athens 2004, Beijing 2008, London 2012), Olympic Champion 2008, NORCECA Champion 2005, multimedalist of the World League.
Stanley was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, to Jon Stanley and Sandra Haine. He has three brothers (Reese Haine, Wil Stanley and Jon Stanley), and two sisters (Taeya Stanley and Natasha Haine). His parents and grandfather Tom Haine were volleyball players. His mother and grandfather represented Canada, father Jon represented United States. Stanley's father played on 1968 Olympic Games and is a member of the Volleyball Hall of Fame. Stanley's step-grandfather, Tom Haine, was also on the 1968 men's Olympic volleyball team. His mother, Sandra Haine, played professionally for the Denver Comets as well as for Canada's national team. With Stanley's first Olympic appearance in Athens, Greece, he and his father became the first father-son Olympians in USA volleyball history.
- Panathinaikos Athens (2001–2004)
- Iraklis Thessaloniki (2004–2006)
- Zenit Kazan (2006–2010)
- Ural Ufa (2010–2011)
- Lokomotiv Novosibirsk (2012-2012)
- Suntory Sunbirds (2013-)
- 2012 FIVB Volleyball World League "Best Server"
- 2010 FIVB World Championship "Best Server"
- 2009-10 CEV Champions League League Round "Best Server"
- 2008 Summer Olympics "Most Valuable Player"
- 2008 Summer Olympics "Best Scorer"
- 2008 Summer Olympics "Best Server"
- 2007 NORCECA Volleyball Championship "Best Server"
- 2007–08 CEV Champions League Final Four "Most Valuable Player"
- 2005 Liga de Voleibol Superior "Dream Team"
- 2005–06 CEV Champions League "Best Scorer"
- 2004–05 CEV Champions League "Best Scorer"
- 2004–05 CEV Champions League "Best Server"
- 2003 NORCECA Volleyball Championship "Most Valuable Player"
- 2009 FIVB World Grand Champions Cup, Bronze medal
- 2008 Summer Olympics, Gold medal
- 2008 FIVB World League, Gold medal
- 2007 NORCECA Championship, Gold medal
- 2007 America's Cup, Gold medal
- 2007 FIVB World League, Bronze medal
- 2005 NORCECA Championship, Gold medal
- 2005 FIVB World Grand Champions Cup, Silver medal
Clayton Stanley Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.