David Yang (entrepreneur) facts for kids
- For other uses, see David Yang.
Quick facts for kids
Founder and Chairman of ABBYY
|Born||June 3, 1968
|Citizenship||Soviet Union, Russian Federation|
|Occupation||Chairman of ABBYY, CEO of Yva.ai|
David Yang (David Yan) (Armenian: Դավիթ Յան, Russian: Дави́д Ян, Chinese: 楊誠), born in 1968 in Yerevan, Armenian SSR, Soviet Union, is an Armenian-born Silicon Valley / Russian business angel, serial entrepreneur, founder and Chairman of the board of ABBYY.
David Yang was born in 1968 in Yerevan, Armenia, to a Chinese father from Shanghai and an Armenian mother, who were both physicists. He was in Armenia for the first 17 years of his life before registering as a student at the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology. He graduated from its Department of General and Applied Physics in 1992 with a M.S. degree in Applied Mathematics and Physics.
In 1989, as a student of the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology for four years, Yang founded Bit Software, which is his first company. His partner was Alexander Moskalev, who was a member of the Institute of Microelectronics Technology of Russian Academy of Science. The company was renamed to ABBYY in 1998.
ABBYY is an international company that develops technologies in optical character recognition, intelligent character recognition, linguistics and artificial intelligence.
- Developing the Cybiko, which is a handheld computer that was aimed at teenagers.
- Participating in ATAPY Software company in 2001.
- Founding and participating in iiko, a developer of hospitality services management software in 2005.
- Participating in creative projects, such as FAQ-Café studio, in 2004, restaurant, club, and gallery ArteFAQ in 2007, art-club “Squat” in 2009 and club “The Sisters Grimm”.
- Participating in educational fund Ayb, Supervisory Council of the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, educational center Tumo in 2006 and the Board of Trustees of Re-apaga Charity Foundation (re-apaga.am).
- Advisory for Impulse Armenia, which is the Caucasus’ first e-waste, aluminium, and plastic dismantling and recycling facility.
David Yang (entrepreneur) Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.