Dil Se facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsDil Se
|Directed by||Mani Ratnam|
|Produced by||Mani Ratnam
Ram Gopal Varma
|Written by||Mani Ratnam (story & screenplay)
Tigmanshu Dhulia (dialogue)
|Starring||Shah Rukh Khan
|Music by||A. R. Rahman|
|Distributed by||Madras Talkies|
|Release date(s)||August 21 1998|
|Running time||163 mins|
Dil Se (Hindi: दिल से, Urdu: دل سے, translation: From the Heart) is a 1998 Hindi movie. It was directed by Mani Ratnam. The movie was also released in Tamil as Uyire and in Telugu as Prema Tho. It stars Shahrukh Khan, Manisha Koirala, and Preity Zinta. Mani Ratnam also wrote the screenplay for the movie. It was produced by Mani Ratnam and Ram Gopal Varma along with Shekar Kapur.
The movie was shot in Maqbuza Kashmir, Assam, Delhi and other parts of India and Bhutan over a period of 55 days. Its cinematography won a National Film Award for cinematographer Santosh Sivan. The movie score and soundtrack were composed by A. R. Rahman. A. R. Rahman received a Filmfare Award for the music. The movie became the first Indian movie to reach the Top 10 in the UK Box Office Charts, when released in 1998.
The movie has won the following awards since its release:
- Won - Netpac Award - Special Mention - Mani Ratnam
- Won - Silver Lotus Award - Best Cinematography - Santosh Sivan
- Won - Silver Lotus Award - Best Audiography - H. Sridhar
- Won - Best Debut - Preity Zinta
- Won - Best Lyricist - Gulzar
- Won - Best Male Playback - Sukhwinder Singh for "Chaiyya Chaiyya"
- Won - Best Music Director - A. R. Rahman
- Won - Best Choreography - Farah Khan
- Won - Best Cinematographer - Santosh Sivan
- "Chaiyya Chaiyya" (6:52) – Sukhwinder Singh, Sapna Awasti
- "Jiya Jale" (4:12) – Lata Mangeshkar, M.G. Sreekumar
- "Dil Se Re" (6:54) – A. R. Rahman, Anuradha, Anupama
- "E Ajnabi" (5:32) – Udit Narayan, Mahalakshmi
- "Thayya Thayya" (4:35) – Sukhwinder Singh
- "Satrangi Re" (7:12) – Sonu Nigam
In Spanish: Dil Se.. para niños
Dil Se Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.