Grove City, Ohio facts for kids
Quick facts for kids
Grove City, Ohio
Grove City Library
Location of Grove City, Ohio
Location of Grove City in Franklin County
|• Total||17.67 sq mi (45.75 km2)|
|• Land||17.49 sq mi (45.30 km2)|
|• Water||0.18 sq mi (0.46 km2)|
|Elevation||850 ft (259 m)|
|• Density||2,391.08/sq mi (923.22/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern Time)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4|
|Area code(s)||614 and 380|
|GNIS feature ID||1048806|
Grove City was laid out in 1852.
Grove City is located at.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 16.36 square miles (42.37 km2), of which 16.20 square miles (41.96 km2) is land and 0.16 square miles (0.41 km2) is water.
At the 2010 census there were 35,575 people, 13,946 households, and 9,585 families living in the city. The population density was 2,196.0 inhabitants per square mile (847.9/km2). There were 14,720 housing units at an average density of 908.6 per square mile (350.8/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 92.6% White, 2.8% African American, 0.2% Native American, 1.3% Asian, 1.0% from other races, and 2.1% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.6%.
Of the 13,946 households 35.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 52.2% were married couples living together, 11.8% had a female householder with no husband present, 4.7% had a male householder with no wife present, and 31.3% were non-families. 25.6% of households were one person and 9.7% were one person aged 65 or older. The average household size was 2.53 and the average family size was 3.04.
The median age was 37.8 years. 25.4% of residents were under the age of 18; 8.4% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 27.4% were from 25 to 44; 26.6% were from 45 to 64; and 12.2% were 65 or older. The gender makeup of the city was 48.3% male and 51.7% female.
National Register of Historic Places
- Gantz Homestead at 2233 Gantz Road, added in 1979
- A.G. Grant Homestead at 4124 Haughn Road, added in 1998.
- Century Village orders road
- Heidenheim an der Brenz, Germany (Unofficial)
- Gary Burley, former professional football player who played for the Cincinnati Bengals in Super Bowl XVI
- Derek Combs, Mr. Football Ohio 1996, and professional football player
- Richard Cordray, former Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, and 2018 Ohio gubernatorial candidate.
- Josh Dun, drummer for Twenty One Pilots
- Tyler Joseph, frontman for Twenty One Pilots
- Craig McDonald, author, journalist
- Mike Mayers, Major League Baseball pitcher who debuted for the St. Louis Cardinals
- Pat O'Conner, Minor League Baseball executive
- Ben Swanson, professional soccer player for Columbus Crew
Images for kids
Grove City, Ohio Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.