Gump Worsley facts for kids
|Hockey Hall of Fame, 1980|
May 14, 1929|
Montreal, QC, CAN
|Died||January 26, 2007
Beloeil, QC, CAN
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Weight||155 lb (70 kg; 11 st 1 lb)|
|Played for||New York Rangers
Minnesota North Stars
Lorne John "Gump" Worsley (May 14, 1929 in Montreal, Quebec – January 26, 2007 in Beloeil, Quebec) was a Canadian professional ice hockey goaltender. Born and raised in Montreal, he was given his nickname due to friends deciding he looked like comic-strip character Andy Gump. He died of a heart attack.
- Stanley Cup Champion 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969(with Montreal)
- Won the Vezina Trophy in 1966 and 1968.
- Named to the NHL First All-Star Team in 1968.
- Named to the NHL Second All-Star Team in 1966.
- Played in the All-Star Game in 1961, 1962, 1965 and 1972.
- Owns the record for the most career losses in the NHL with 352.
- Currently 7th in all time games played, 15th in career wins and 24th in shutouts.
Gump Worsley Facts for Kids. Homework Help - Kiddle Encyclopedia.