Heer facts for kids
Heer is a general term for army in the German and some other languages of German origin. In date order:
- Army of the Holy Roman Empire, or Reichsheer (1422-1806)
- Bundesheer or German Federal Army, the Army of the German Confederation (1815-1866)
- German Army (German Empire), or 'Deutsches Heer (1871-1919), for Army of the German Empire
- Reichswehr, or Reichsheer (1919-35), for the interwar Army of the Weimar Republic
- Wehrmacht (1935-46) for the Second World War Army of Nazi Germany
- German Army, or Deutsches Heer (1955-present), for the Cold War Army of West Germany and the current Army of Germany
- Other Germanic peoples
- Österreichisches Bundesheer (1920-present), the current Military of Austria
- Heer, the current ground component of the Military of Switzerland
- Oswald Heer, a botanist and naturalist with the standard botanical author abbreviation Heer.
- Kamal Heer, a Punjabi singer and musician.
- Manmohan Waris ("Manmohan Heer"), a legendary Punjabi singer and musician.
- Sangtar ("Sangtar Heer"), a Punjabi composer and musician.
- Other meanings
Heer Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.