Kiahsville, West Virginia facts for kids
Quick facts for kids
Kiahsville Post Office, established in 1884.
|• Land||17.749 sq mi (45.97 km2)|
|• Water||0.000 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||708 ft (216 m)|
|• Total||314 (336 as of 2,009)|
|• Density||17.69/sq mi (6.83/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
Kiahsville is an unincorporated community in southern Wayne County, West Virginia, United States. It is a part of the Huntington-Ashland, WV-KY-OH, Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA). As of the 2000 census, the MSA had a population of 288,649. Its sister town is nearby Cove Gap.
Kiahsville is situated at the mouth of Kiah Creek. The community derives its name from Hezekiah Wiley, the name of an early settler.
East Lynn Lake is located nearby.
- Cove Gap, West Virginia (0.1 miles)
- Queens Ridge, West Virginia
- Cuzzie, West Virginia (2.7 miles)
- Brabant, West Virginia (3.6 miles)
- Harts, West Virginia (7.7 miles)
- Ranger, West Virginia (8.1 miles)
- Wilsondale, West Virginia (9.4 miles)
- Breeden, West Virginia (9.5 miles)
- Genoa, West Virginia (9.6 miles)
- East Lynn, West Virginia (9.6 miles)
- Midkiff, West Virginia (10.8 miles)
- Dunlow, West Virginia (11.9 miles)
- Crum, West Virginia (12.7 miles)
Kiahsville, West Virginia Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.