Lady and the Tramp facts for kids
|Lady and the Tramp|
Original theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Clyde Geronimi
|Produced by||Walt Disney|
|Screenplay by||Erdman Penner
|Story by||Joe Grant|
|Music by||Oliver Wallace|
|Editing by||Don Halliday|
|Studio||Walt Disney Productions|
|Distributed by||Buena Vista Distribution|
|Release date(s)||June 22, 1955|
|Running time||75 minutes|
Lady and the Tramp is a 1955 American animated movie. It was produced by Walt Disney. It was released to theaters on June 22, 1955, by Buena Vista Distribution. It is the 15th animated movie in the Walt Disney Animated Classics series. It was the first animated movie filmed in the CinemaScope widescreen movie process. It was nominated for Best Animated Movie at the BAFTA Awards.
The story is set in 1909. It is about a female American Cocker Spaniel named Lady. She lives with a refined, upper-middle-class family. The story is also about a male stray mutt called the Tramp. A direct-to-video sequel, Lady and the Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure, was released in 2001.
In June 2011, TIME named it one of "The 25 All-TIME Best Animated Films".
- Barbara Luddy as Lady
- Larry Roberts as The Tramp
- Bill Thompson as Jock, Joe, Bulldog, Dachsie, Policeman
- Bill Baucom as Trusty
- George Givot as Tony
- Peggy Lee as Darling, Si, Am, Peg
- Verna Felton as Aunt Sarah
- Stan Freberg as the beaver
- Alan Reed as Boris
- Thurl Ravenscroft as Al the alligator
- Dallas McKennon as Toughy, Pedro, Professor, Hyena
- Lee Millar as Jim Dear, Dogcatcher
- The Mellomen (Thurl Ravenscroft, Bill Lee, Max Smith, Bob Hamlin and Bob Stevens) as Dog Chorus
Lady and the Tramp Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.