National Parks of Costa Rica facts for kids
National Parks of Costa Rica
Manuel Antonio National Park
|First Park||Poás Volcano National Park, 1955|
|Smallest Park||Manuel Antonio National Park, 16 km²|
|Largest Park||La Amistad International Park, 1991 km²|
List of National Parks of Costa Rica
- Arenal Volcano National Park
- Barbilla National Park
- Barra Honda National Park
- Braulio Carrillo National Park
- Cahuita National Park
- Carara National Park
- Chirripó National Park
- Cocos Island National Park
- Corcovado National Park
- Diria National Park
- Guanacaste National Park
- Irazú Volcano National Park
- Juan Castro Blanco National Park
- La Amistad International Park
- La Cangreja National Park
- Las Baulas National Marine Park
- Manuel Antonio National Park
- Maquenque National Park (proposed)
- Palo Verde National Park
- Piedras Blancas National Park
- Poás Volcano National Park
- Rincón de la Vieja Volcano National Park
- Santa Rosa National Park
- Tapantí National Park
- Tenorio Volcano National Park
- Tortuguero National Park
- Turrialba Volcano National Park
The Santa Rosa National Park in the province of Guanacaste is one of the most important historic areas of the country.
It has an area of 682.7 mm. It is one of Costa Rica's most scenic parks. Manuel Antonio receives a lot of national and international tourism. Another important attraction is the tropical rainforest inhabited by species of flora and fauna in danger of extinction, such as the Tití monkey.
Arenal National Park is located in the North Region, north of the Sierra de Tilarán. It belongs to the cantons of Tilarán, San Carlos and San Ramon. Protect important species of flora and fauna characteristics of the rain forest and cloud forest premontane valuable scientific and tourism.
The island is regarded as a natural laboratory for the study of the evolution of species. Cocos Island is a territory rich landscape and a true laboratory for the study of nature. Many ferns, bromeliads, rivers, creeks and waterfalls, valleys, cliffs and islands frequented by countless seabirds and place of nesting gulls.
National Parks of Costa Rica Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.