Norm (mathematics) facts for kids
- Scales for real numbers , that is
- Function of sum is less than sum of functions, that is or the triangle inequality
- if and only if .
- The one-norm is the sum of absolute values: This is like finding the distance from one place on a grid to another by summing together the distances in all directions the grid goes; see Manhattan Distance
- Euclidean norm is the sum of the squares of the values:
- Maximum norm is the maximum absolute value:
Norm (mathematics) Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.