Seward, Kansas facts for kids
Location within Stafford County and Kansas
KDOT map of Stafford County (legend)
|• Total||0.25 sq mi (0.65 km2)|
|• Land||0.25 sq mi (0.65 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,909 ft (582 m)|
|• Estimate (2015)||61|
|• Density||256/sq mi (98.5/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0475874|
Seward was named for William H. Seward. A post office was opened in Seward in 1878, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1995.
Seward is located at United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.25 square miles (0.65 km2), all of it land.(38.177593, -98.795480). According to the
|U.S. Decennial Census|
As of the census of 2010, there were 64 people, 31 households, and 16 families residing in the city. The population density was 256.0 inhabitants per square mile (98.8/km2). There were 37 housing units at an average density of 148.0 per square mile (57.1/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 100.0% White.
There were 31 households of which 16.1% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 38.7% were married couples living together, 6.5% had a female householder with no husband present, 6.5% had a male householder with no wife present, and 48.4% were non-families. 45.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 19.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.06 and the average family size was 3.00.
The median age in the city was 46 years. 23.4% of residents were under the age of 18; 3.2% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 18.9% were from 25 to 44; 31.4% were from 45 to 64; and 23.4% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the city was 57.8% male and 42.2% female.
As of the census of 2000, there were 63 people, 34 households, and 17 families residing in the city. The population density was 255.7 people per square mile (97.3/km2). There were 38 housing units at an average density of 154.2 per square mile (58.7/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 96.83% White, and 3.17% from two or more races.
There were 34 households out of which 26.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 44.1% were married couples living together, 5.9% had a female householder with no husband present, and 50.0% were non-families. 44.1% of all households were made up of individuals and 23.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 1.85 and the average family size was 2.59.
In the city, the population was spread out with 17.5% under the age of 18, 6.3% from 18 to 24, 22.2% from 25 to 44, 31.7% from 45 to 64, and 22.2% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 51 years. For every 100 females there were 110.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 108.0 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $16,250, and the median income for a family was $16,667. Males had a median income of $20,625 versus $16,250 for females. The per capita income for the city was $14,891. None of the population and none of the families were below the poverty line.
Seward, Kansas Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.