Siligo is a city in the region of Logudoro in northern Sardinia, Italy.
of Monte Santo and Monte Pelau
Siligo is next to the following municipalities: Ardara, Banari, Bessude, Bonnanaro, Codrongianos, Florinas, Mores, Ploaghe.
- Archeological site of Monte sant'Antoni: a prehistoric Federal Nuragic Sanctuary
- Archeological site of Mesumundu: an old Roman area and medieval
- Church of Nostra Segnora de Mesumundu, built in the Byzantine age (6th century AD) upon the ruins of a Roman baths (2nd century AD). The church was modified after 1065 by the Benedictine monks of Montecassino.
- Church of Santi Elia ed Enoch: built on the top of the Monte Santo and modified by Benedictine monks after 1065.
- Maria Carta (1934-1994), folk singer and actress
- Gavino Ledda, author of an autobiographical work Padre padrone (1975)
Images for kids
Children in traditional costume from Siligo.
Siligo Facts for Kids
. Kiddle Encyclopedia.