St Andrew's Church, Twyford facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsSt Andrew’s Church, Twyford
St Andrew’s Church, Twyford
|Denomination||Church of England|
|Heritage designation||Grade I listed|
|Parish||Barrow-on-Trent with Twyford|
|Diocese||Diocese of Derby|
The church dates from the 12th century. It was restored early in the 18th century, and the tower was repaired in 1821 following a lightning strike. There was a fire on 27 November 1910 which destroyed the organ and many of the pews. It resulted in a restoration the following year.
The church is in a joint parish with
- All Saints’ Church, Aston-upon-Trent
- St Wilfrid's Church, Barrow-upon-Trent
- St Bartholomew’s Church, Elvaston
- St James’ Church, Swarkestone
- St James Church, Shardlow
- St Mary the Virgin’s Church, Weston-on-Trent
The church contains memorials to:
- George Harpur (d. 1658)
- Anna Harpur (d. 1688)
A specification of the organ can be found on the National Pipe Organ Register.
St Andrew's Church, Twyford Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.