Quick facts for kidsThe Save-Ums!
|Created by||Dan Clark
|Voices of||Tajja Isen
Sugar Lyn Beard
|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of episodes||39 (78 11-minute segments)|
|Production company(s)||The Dan Clark Company
|Original network||CBC Television
|Original release||March 11, 2003– July 11, 2006|
The Save-Ums! is a Canadian CGI animated superhero children's television series produced by Decode Entertainment. The series premiered on CBC Television as part of the Kids' CBC programming block on February 24, 2003, and ended on July 11, 2006.
The Save-Ums, which consist of Jazzi, Noodle, Custard, Ka-Chung, Foo and B.B. Jammies, are a group of six characters of various appearances, who help various creatures when they run into difficulty.
Each episode begins with a call on the "adventure screen" (essentially a videophone) from an inhabitant of the world in which the Save-Ums live. The caller describes the difficulty that needs to be resolved, and then select Save-Ums travel to the scene of the problem. There are three different places that the Save-Ums travel to solve problems: Rock World, an island with a large mountain; Lava World, a tropical island with a volcano; and Wave World, which is under the ocean.
The Save-Ums then assist in solving the problem. Each episode ends with the problem being solved and the Save-Ums returning to their headquarters.
- Jazzi is a female purple passionate girl with red hair tied into two pigtails who dreams to speak the language of wild horses. She is afraid of water and is shown to be the leader in numerous episodes. She was voiced by Tajja Isen.
- Noodle (Caboche in the French dub) is a male white hound dog-like creature who is the most intelligent and mature of the group, often being the voice of reason and helping others to see what is right. He also pilots the subchopper, a helicopter that travels on air or under the sea. He was voiced by Mark Rendall (Season 1) and Cameron Ansell (Season 2).
- Custard (Berlingot in the French dub) is a cool male purple and red cat-eared Save-Um who pilots the Zoomer, a powerboat that travels on either water or snow, and goes on most missions. He is known for saying "Bam!" when he gets an idea. He was voiced by Jordan Francis.
- Ka-Chung (Aïkido in the French dub) is a male red and white hippopotamus-like creature who is the toughest Save-Um. He is known to shout "Ka-Chung!" as his catchphrase. He pilots the Ka-Drill, a tunnel boring machine. He was voiced by Mitchell Eisner.
- Foo (Louna in the French dub) is a female blue and yellow long limbed angelfish-like creature who is the youngest and nicest of the Save-Ums. She also goes on most missions. She flies a jet pack. She was voiced by Aaryn Doyle.
- B.B. Jammies (Bébé Jimmy in the French dub) is Jazzi's younger brother, who has a purple American football-shaped head. Since he is too young to go on missions, he mostly plays with the Puffs. He was voiced by Connor Price.
- Puffs are six little fluffy characters who live and play with the Save-Ums, but don't go on any missions. They sometimes are a help to them.
- Winston is a bespectacled whale who lives in Wave World and has an underwater garden. He was voiced by Asa Perlman (impersonating Woody Allen).
- Tony and Sal are crabs who live in Wave World. They were voiced by Demore Barnes.
- Andre is a seahorse who lives in Wave World. He is voiced by Amanda Soha.
- Olena is an octopus who lives in Wave World. She is voiced by Sugar Lyn Beard.
- Raymundo and Peque are ants who live in Lava World. Raymundo was voiced by Carlos Díaz.
- Oscar and Tina are monkeys who live in Lava World. They were voiced by Benny Shilling, Scott Beaudin (sometimes) and Melanie Tonello.
- Dino is a baby dinosaur babysat by Raymundo and Peque, who lives in Lava World.
- Colin and Elizabat are bats who live in Rock World. They were voiced by Rob Smith and Dolly Reno.
- Dory and Terrell are glowgrubs who live in Rock World. Dory was voiced by Alexandra Lai.
- Save-Um Central, the headquarters and home of the Save-Ums.
- Rock World, a world with a large rock in the shape of a face. Here live two bats and two glowgrubs.
- Lava World, a world with a large volcano in the shape of a face. There live a dinosaur, two ants, two crabs, and two monkeys.
- Wave World, a world under the sea where a whale, a seahorse, an octopus and small fish live.
Season 1 (2003)
- Episode #1 Untangle That Octopus (February 24, 2003)
- Episode #1 Runaway Toy Car (February 24, 2003)
- Episode #2 Dino Sandwich (February 25, 2003)
- Episode #2 Where are Winston's Glasses? (February 25, 2003)
- Episode #3 The Mystery of Winston's Garden (February 26, 2003)
- Episode #3 Operation Banana Split (February 26, 2003)
- Episode #4 Scary Things Don't Blink (February 27, 2003)
- Episode #4 Tina in the Sky (February 27, 2003)
- Episode #5 Save That Little Tree! (February 28, 2003)
- Episode #5 A Rock in Winston's Garden (February 28, 2003)
- Episode #6 Operation Dino Diaper! (March 3, 2003)
- Episode #6 Rescue Wonder Winston (March 3, 2003)
- Episode #7 Fix That Broken Drum (March 4, 2003)
- Episode #7 Brush that Dino's Tooth (March 4, 2003)
- Episode #8 Andre's Super Water Bubble! (March 5, 2003)
- Episode #8 Catch That Falling Crab! (March 5, 2003)
- Episode #9 Making Little Peque Safe (March 6, 2003)
- Episode #9 Andre's Hole in One (March 6, 2003)
- Episode #10 Oscar Has A Flat (March 7, 2003)
- Episode #10 Panic Picnic in Wave World (March 7, 2003)
- Episode #11 The Ghost of Wave World (March 10, 2003)
- Episode #11 Tina's Extra Special Thing (March 10, 2003)
- Episode #12 Unstick That Ant (March 11, 2003)
- Episode #12 Follow That Mystery Map (March 11, 2003)
- Episode #13 Wash That Dirty Dino (March 12, 2003)
- Episode #13 Save That Fish (March 12, 2003)
- Episode #14 Find That Little Grub's Phone (March 13, 2003)
- Episode #14 Bats & Oranges (March 13, 2003)
- Episode #15 Swing That Baby Dino (March 14, 2003)
- Episode #15 Rescue That Loco Coco (March 14, 2003)
- Episode #16 Danger: Sticky Food! (March 17, 2003) St Patrick Day Special In USA
- Episode #16 Too Many Bananas! (March 17, 2003) St Patrick Day Special In USA
- Episode #17 Lost in Rock World (March 18, 2003)
- Episode #17 The Vanishing (March 18, 2003)
- Episode #18 Operation Seesaw! (March 19, 2003)
- Episode #18 Two Cakes in One (March 19, 2003)
- Episode #19 Time To Paint a Picture! (March 20, 2003)
- Episode #19 Pick Up That Spoon (March 20, 2003)
- Episode #20 Foo is Powerful! (March 21, 2003)
- Episode #20 Stop Winston's Hiccups! (March 21, 2003)
- Episode #21 Fix That Trophy! (March 24, 2003)
- Episode #21 A Little Goes a Long Way! (March 24, 2003)
- Episode #22 Tie Up That Balloon! (March 25, 2003)
- Episode #22 Pitch That Tent! (March 25, 2003)
- Episode #23 Monkey Up a Tree! (March 26, 2003)
- Episode #23 It's Halloween! (March 26, 2003)
- Episode #24 Entertain Those Grubs! (March 27, 2003)
- Episode #24 Keep Those Monkeys Cool (March 27, 2003)
- Episode #25 Mail That Letter! (March 28, 2003)
- Episode #25 Hide and Seek! (March 28, 2003)
- Episode #26 Save that Ant! (March 31, 2003)
- Episode #26 Find that Pet! (March 31, 2003)
Season 2 (2005–2006)
- Make That Grub Gluey Again! (April 18, 2005)
- Save That Sandman! (April 18, 2005)
- Operation Beat Poetry Party! (April 25, 2005)
- Hopscotch Emergency! (April 25, 2005)
- Rockabye That Baby Dino! (May 2, 2005)
- Splinter Emergency! (May 2, 2005)
- Lava World Race! (May 9, 2005)
- Scratch that Whale's Back! (May 9, 2005)
- Make That Whale a Doll! (May 16, 2005)
- Operation Rocco Robot! (May 16, 2005)
- Save Those Glasses! (May 23, 2005)
- Extra Icky Spider Web! (May 23, 2005)
- Making Winston Go Poof! (May 30, 2005)
- Stop That Ice Cream! (May 30, 2005)
- Red Puff's Big Adventure! (June 6, 2005)
- Elizabat's Pet Potato! (June 6, 2005)
- Make Those Valentines! (June 13, 2005)
- Loco Coco is Sinking! (June 13, 2005)
- Keep on Dancing! (June 20, 2005)
- Spooky Tickle Adventure! (June 20, 2005)
- Smile, Silly Sea Sammies! (June 27, 2005)
- Tony and Sal's Treasure Hunt! (June 27, 2005)
- Grab that Crab! (July 4, 2006)
- Teddysaurus Rescue! (July 4, 2006)
- Mount Rock World Adventure! (July 11, 2006)
- Lift That Weight! (July 11, 2006)
The Save-Ums! Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.