1190 facts for kids
|Centuries:||11th century – 12th century – 13th century|
|Decades:||1160s 1170s 1180s – 1190s – 1200s 1210s 1220s|
|Years:||1187 1188 1189 – 1190 – 1191 1192 1193|
- June 10 — Third Crusade: Frederick I Barbarossa drowned in the Saleph River while leading an army to Jerusalem.
- October 4 — Richard I of England threatens war against Tancred of Sicily, and captures Messina
- "On the Harmony of Religions and Philosophy" (ar. Kitab fasl al-maqal) first published.
- Coronation of Richard I of England (the Lion-Hearted)
- Anti-Jewish riots in England.
- In Myanmar, Anawrahta's lineage regains control with the assistance of Sri Lanka. Pagan has been in anarchy. The new regime reforms Burmese Buddhism on Sri Lankan Theravada models.
- Henry I becomes Duke of Brabant.
- Richard I of England and Philip II of France meet at Vézelay, beginning the Third Crusade.
- Stevan Nemanja founds the Studenica monastery in Serbia.
- The feudal era of Japan begins.
- Cartmel Priory founded
- Vincent of Beauvais, Dominican friar and encyclopedist (d. 1264)
- Peter I, Duke of Brittany (d. 1251)
- William III of Sicily (d. 1198)
- William of Sherwood, English logician (d. 1249)
- March 15 Isabelle of Hainaut, queen of Philip II of France (b. 1170)
- June 10 — Frederick Barbarossa, Holy Roman Emperor, (drowned) (b. 1122)
- July 25 — Sibylla of Jerusalem, Queen of Jerusalem (b. c. 1160)
- William Fitzstephen, servant of Thomas à Becket and sheriff of Gloucester
- Ranulf de Glanvill, chief justiciar of England
- Robert de Beaumont, 3rd Earl of Leicester
1190 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.