2026 facts for kids
|Centuries:||20th century – 21st century – 22nd century|
|Decades:||1990s 2000s 2010s – 2020s – 2030s 2040s 2050s|
|Years:||2023 2024 2025 – 2026 – 2027 2028 2029|
2026 (MMXXVI) will be a common year starting on Thursday of the Gregorian calendar, the 2026th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 26th year of the 3rd millennium, the 26th year of the 21st century, and the 7th year of the 2020s decade.
Predicted and scheduled events
- February 6 – February 22: 2026 Winter Olympics will be held in Milan and Cortina d'Ampezzo, Italy.
- The 2026 FIFA World Cup will be host in North America.
- November 13 – Heinz von Foerster's predicted technological (or rather demographic) singularity occurs.
- Automatic mission to Mars as proposed in the Aurora Programme
- Having begun in 1882, construction of the Sagrada Família in Barcelona is scheduled to finish.
- Onboard plutonium generators delivering heat and electricity to Mars Science Laboratory will run out.
Computer and video games
- Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney (2007)
- "There Will Come Soft Rains", a short story by Ray Bradbury, is set on August 4.
- "Red Mars", the story begins on this date.
- seaQuest DSV: An economic summit takes place that places hundreds of thousands of undeveloped basins back on the market.
- Star Trek: Enterprise episode "In a Mirror, Darkly" (2005): World War III begins, continuing through 2053.
- Fringe episode "The Day We Died" (2011): Peter travels to this year when entering a machine. This is the year of Olivia Dunham's death.
All content from Kiddle encyclopedia articles (including the article images and facts) can be freely used under Attribution-ShareAlike license, unless stated otherwise. Cite this article:2026 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.