2020s facts for kids
|Centuries:||20th century – 21st century – 22nd century|
|Decades:||1990s 2000s 2010s – 2020s – 2030s 2040s 2050s|
|Years:||2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029|
The 2020s (pronounced "twenty-twenties") is the current decade that began on January 1, 2020 and will end on December 31, 2029.
- In 2020, the United Kingdom left the European Union (Brexit)
- In 2020, the COVID-19 pandemic, a pandemic of the COVID-19 disease, is spreading around the world. Over 70 million people have been infected, and 1.6 million have died. Many countries shut down schools and workplaces, to stop the disease from spreading. It also caused the coronavirus recession.
Things supposed to happen
- In 2004, the President of the United States George W. Bush said that people would try to fly to Mars some time in this decade.
- The 2020 Summer Olympics will happen in 2021 instead. They were moved a year later because of the COVID-19 pandemic
- In 2027, the autopsy (study of a dead body to find out how that person died) of Elvis Presley will be published.
2020s Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.