Agricultural revolution facts for kids
Agricultural revolution could mean:
- Neolithic Revolution (about 10,000 years ago), which formed the basis for human civilization to develop. It is commonly referred to as the 'First Agricultural Revolution'.
- Green Revolution (1945-), the use of industrial fertilizers and new crops greatly increases the world's agricultural output.
There are also several more local events related to agriculture and called revolutions:
- Muslim Agricultural Revolution (10th century), which led to increased urbanization and major changes in agriculture and economy during the Islamic Golden Age.
- British Agricultural Revolution (18th century), which spurred urbanization and consequently helped launch the Industrial Revolution.
- Scottish Agricultural Revolution (18th century), which led to the "Lowland Clearances."
Agricultural revolution Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.