Amanda facts for kids
Amanda is a female given name. It comes from Latin language. The name means "she who must be loved" or "worthy of love". The name Amanda first appeared in 1212 in birth records from England. It was not until around the 1700s that the name became popular. This name became very popular in the United States starting in the 1930s. The name was especially popular in the United States starting in 1978 and ending in 1992. In 2009 the name was ranked at 166. Famous people with the name include Amanda Bynes, Amanda Seyfried and Amanda Blake.
- Amanda Barrie (born 1935), British actress
- Amanda Blake (1929–1989), American actress who played Miss Kitty on Gunsmoke
- Amanda Carter (born 1964), Australian wheelchair basketball player
- Amanda Crew (born 1986), Canadian actress
- Amanda Donohoe (born 1962), British actress
- Amanda Forsyth (born 1966), Canadian cellist
- Amanda Holden (born 1971), British actress
- Amanda Lang (born 1970), Canadian journalist and senior business correspondent for CBC News
- Amanda Marshall (born 1972), a Canadian singer and musician
- Amanda Vanstone (born 1952), former Australian politician, former ambassador to Italy
- 725 Amanda, an asteroid
- Amanda (gastropod), a member of the nudibranch family Facelinidae
- Operation Amanda, a 1994 United Nations Protection Force mission in Bosnia and Herzegovina
Amanda Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.