Barrow A.F.C. facts for kids
|Full name||Barrow Association Football Club|
|Nickname(s)||The Bluebirds, The Ziggers (pre-1970s)|
|Manager||David Bayliss and Darren Sheridan|
|2009–10||Conference National, 15th|
Barrow A.F.C. are an English football team. The club was founded in 1901. It is based in the town of Barrow-in-Furness in Cumbria, England. After they were promoted at the end of the 2007–08 season, they began playing in the Conference National. The club spent over fifty years in the Football League between 1921 and 1972, and have since spent their time in the top two levels of non-league football. Barrow have twice won non-league football's highest cup competition, the FA Trophy - in 1990 and 2010, becoming the only non-league club to have won the trophy at both old and new Wembley stadia.
The club colours are blue and white. The combination of these has varied over time. It has led to their nickname "The Bluebirds". Attendances at the club's Holker Street field vary - the home record of 16,874 was set against Swansea City in the FA Cup Third Round in 1954. But during the 1990s and 2000s, the average remained between 800 and 1,500. Average attendance stood at 1,590 during the 2008-09 season.
The club won their second FA Trophy title on the 8th May 2010 after beating Stevenage Borough 2-1 in the final at Wembley Stadium.
- FA Trophy - Winners (2) 1989/90, 2009/10
- Lancashire Combination Division One - Champions (1) 1920/21;
- Lancashire Senior Cup - 1954-55
- Northern Premier League - Champions (3) 1983/84, 1988/89, 1997/98
- Northern Premier League Shield - Winners (1) 1984/85
- Northern Premier League President's Cup - Winners (2) 2001/02, 2003/04
- Northern Premier League Chairman's Cup - Winners (1) 2000/01
- Lancashire Junior Cup - Winners (1) 1980/81
- Chas Kendall Trophy
- Division Four - Promotion (3) 1966/67
- Conference North Play-off Winners 2008
- Lancashire Combination Division Two - Runners up (2) 1904/05, 1910/11
- Lancashire Combination Division One - Runners up (1) 1913/14
- Northern Premier League - Runners up (1) 2002/03
- Northern Premier League Challenge Cup - Runners up (1) 1987/88
- Best league performance (football league) - 8th in Division Three 1967/68
- Best league performance (non-league) - 8th in Alliance Premier League 1981/82
- FA Cup - Third Round eleven times (three times as a non-league club, last in 2009/10)
- League Cup - Third Round Twice
Images for kids
Barrow A.F.C. Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.