Blackfalds facts for kids
Quick facts for kids
|Town of Blackfalds|
|Municipal district||Lacombe County|
|• Village||June 17, 1904|
|• Town||April 1, 1980|
|• Land||16.44 km2 (6.35 sq mi)|
|Elevation||880 m (2,890 ft)|
|• Density||567.3/km2 (1,469/sq mi)|
|• Municipal census (2016)||9,510|
|Time zone||UTC-7 (MST)|
|Area code(s)||+1 403, +1 587|
Red Deer River
In the 2016 Census of Population conducted by Statistics Canada, the Town of Blackfalds recorded a population of 9,328 living in 3,302 of its 3,552 total private dwellings, a 48.1% change from its 2011 population of 6,300. With a land area of 16.44 km2 (6.35 sq mi), it had a population density of 567.4/km2 (1,470/sq mi) in 2016.
The population of the Town of Blackfalds according to its 2016 municipal census is 9,510, an 8.2% change from its 2015 municipal census population of 8,793.
In the 2011 Census, the Town of Blackfalds had a population of 6,300 living in 2,250 of its 2,458 total dwellings, a 36.4% change from its 2006 population of 4,618. With a land area of 16.36 km2 (6.32 sq mi), it had a population density of 385.1/km2 (997/sq mi) in 2011. The 2011 census also indicated that Blackfalds was ranked as the municipality with the fourteenth-highest population growth between 2006 and 2011.
The town has many public facilities such as:
- Blackfalds Public Library, Located in the Blackfalds Cultural Centre (town hall)
- Blackfalds Optimist Sk8 Deck, Sk8 Deck Skateboard Park is located at the Blackfalds Multi-Plex
- Tayles Water Spray Park, Located next to the Cultural Centre
- Blackfalds All-Star Park, Located at the southwest corner of Blackfalds.
- Blackfalds Multiplex, home to the ice arena, Banquet Room, and Ag Room.
- Blackfalds Abbey Multi-Purpose Fitness Facility and Outdoor Aquatic Centre
Blackfalds Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.