Blinky Bill the Movie facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsBlinky Bill the Movie
Theatrical film poster
|Directed by||Deane Taylor|
|Produced by||Jim Ballantine
|Written by||Fin Edquist|
|Music by||Dale Cornelius|
|Editing by||Simon Klaebe|
Flying Bark Productions
Studio 100 Animation
Shout! Factory (United States)
Enchanted Animation (United Kingdom)
|Release date(s)||17 September 2015|
|Running time||93 minutes|
|Money made||$4.3 million|
Blinky Bill the Movie is a 2015 Australian computer-animated adventure comedy film based on the Blinky Bill character, an anthropomorphic koala created by Dorothy Wall for a children's book series in 1933. The film was produced by Flying Bark Productions and co-produced by Assemblage Entertainment (India) and Telegael (Ireland).
In the town of Greenpatch, Australia, a courageous young koala named Blinky Bill (Ryan Kwanten) tells a story about his father, Mr. Bill (Richard Roxburgh) while embarking on a journey across the wild, and dangerous Australian outback in the hope of finding him.
Blinky's dad had created their home Greenpatch, where every animal could feel safe and live in peace. Blinky has been influenced by the legend of his father, who is on an adventure to the Sea of White Dragons. When Cranklepot the Lizard attempts to dominate Greenpatch and become the ruler, Blinky realises that he must go in search of his father. Throughout his adventure he befriends a girl koala named Nutsy, a lizard named Jacko, and a few other creatures who assist Blinky on his quest. He discovers that being a hero is complicated and requires teamwork.
- Ryan Kwanten as Blinky Bill, a mischievous young koala
- Rufus Sewell as Sir Claude, a British shorthair and the main antagonist
- Toni Collette as Beryl and Cheryl, two emus
- David Wenham as Jacko, a frill-necked lizard
- Deborah Mailman as Mrs. Bill, Blinky's mother
- Richard Roxburgh as Mr. Bill, Blinky's father
- Robin McLeavy as Nutsy, a koala raised in a zoo
- Barry Otto as Mayor Wilberforce Cranklepot, a tyrannical goanna
- Barry Humphries as Walter, a friendly wombat who is friends with Blinky's dad
- Tin Pang as Jorge, a featherless sulphur crested cockatoo
- Cameron Ralph as Splodge, a kangaroo and Robert, a lyrebird
- Charlotte Rose Hamlyn as Marcia, a mouse is one of Blinky's friends
- Billy Birmingham as Tony and Richard, a pair of kookaburras
- Steve Cooper as Hans, a human who lives in the Roadhouse.
- Tracy Lenon, Ben Wanders, Elif Acehan, and Gabrielle Joosten as the zookeepers, humans who live at the zoo.
- Fin Edquist as Postman Platypus
- Stephanie Mountzouris as bilbies
- Byron Schepen as crocodiles (uncredited)
- Dilip Rathod (CGI Supervisor)
- Noel Cleary (co-director)
- Alexs Stadermann (co-director)
- Alex Weight (co-director)
- Rebecca Tolliday CGI Producer
- Gert Verhulst Executive Producer
- Hans Bourlon Executive Producer
- Paul Cummins executive producer
- Alexia Gates-Foale associate producer
- Gabrielle Joosten line producer
- A.K. Madhavan executive producer
- Emily Price Executive Producer
- Brian Rosen executive producer
- Debabrata Chatterjee (Surfacing Artist)
The film had a budget of €12,796,917.
Blinky Bill the Movie Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.