Braceville Township, Trumbull County, Ohio facts for kids
Quick facts for kids
Braceville Township, Trumbull County, Ohio
The John Wesley Mason Gothic Cottage, a historic site in the township
Location of Braceville Township in Trumbull County
|• Total||23.3 sq mi (60.4 km2)|
|• Land||23.2 sq mi (60.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.4 km2)|
|Elevation||899 ft (274 m)|
|• Density||124.5/sq mi (48.1/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1087024|
Located in the southwestern part of the county, it borders the following townships and village:
- Southington Township - north
- Champion Township - northeast corner
- Warren Township - east
- Lordstown - southeast corner
- Newton Township - south
- Paris Township, Portage County - southwest corner
- Windham Township, Portage County - west
- Nelson Township, Portage County - northwest corner
A small part of the city of Newton Falls is located in southern Braceville Township, and the unincorporated community of Center of the World lies in the township's east. In 1990, the Turnpike Interchange Census-designated place [CDP] was located in Braceville Township; however, this ceased to be a CDP after the 1990 Census.
Braceville Township covers an area of 25 sq mi (65 km2). The Ravenna Training and Logistics Site covers the southwest corner of the township.
Name and history
Braceville Township was established in the 1810s, and named after Jonathan Brace, a land agent. It is the only Braceville Township statewide.
Braceville Township was formed from the Connecticut Western Reserve.
- Boxer Earnie Shavers, famous for surviving 15 rounds against Muhammad Ali in 1977, grew up in Braceville.
- Ted Toles Jr., pitcher and outfielder who played in Negro league baseball and the Minor Leagues, born and raised in Braceville.
Braceville Township, Trumbull County, Ohio Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.