Denis DeJordy facts for kids
|Born||November 15, 1938
Saint-Hyacinthe, QC, CAN
|Height||5 ft 9 in (175 cm)|
|Weight||175 lb (79 kg; 12 st 7 lb)|
|Played for||Chicago Black Hawks
Los Angeles Kings
Detroit Red Wings
Denis DeJordy (born November 12, 1938, in Saint-Hyacinthe, Quebec, Canada), is a retired Canadian professional ice hockey goaltender. He played goal for four NHL teams, most notably the Chicago Black Hawks.
Denis DeJordy was a goaltender with the Chicago Black Hawks, Los Angeles Kings, Montreal Canadiens and Detroit Red Wings over 12 seasons in the National Hockey League. He shared the Vezina Trophy with Glenn Hall in 1967. During the 1966 – 1967 season he played 44 games, posting a 2.46 Goals Against Average.
- 1959 OHA-Jr. First All-Star Team
- 1959–60 Best Rookie - Sault Thunderbirds (EPHL)
- 1961 Stanley Cup Championship (Chicago)
- 1962–63 Les Cunningham Award - Buffalo Bisons (AHL)
- 1962–63 Harry (Hap) Holmes Memorial Award - Buffalo Bisons (fewest goals against)(AHL)
- 1963 AHL First All-Star Team
- 1966 CPHL First All-Star Team
- 1966–67 Vezina Trophy - Chicago Black Hawks (shared with Glenn Hall) (NHL)
- 1974 AHL Second All-Star Team
Denis DeJordy Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.