Green Lake, Wisconsin facts for kids
|Green Lake, Wisconsin|
Looking north at downtown Green Lake
Location of Green Lake in Green Lake County, Wisconsin.
|• Total||2.06 sq mi (5.34 km2)|
|• Land||1.79 sq mi (4.64 km2)|
|• Water||0.27 sq mi (0.70 km2)|
|Elevation||804 ft (245 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||934|
|• Density||536.3/sq mi (207.1/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||1565822|
Green Lake is a city in Green Lake County, Wisconsin, United States. As of the 2010 census, 960 people lived there. The city is on the north side of Big Green Lake. The city of Green Lake is the county seat for the county of Green Lake.
Green Lake is located at Fond du Lac.(43.842675, -88.957813). It is about 30 minutes west of
The city has a total area of 2.06 square miles (5.34 km2). Of this, 1.79 square miles (4.64 km2) is land and 0.27 square miles (0.70 km2) is water. Green Lake is the second deepest inland lake in Wisconsin. It is 239 feet deep at its deepest point. It is the deepest natural inland lake in the state.
Green Lake is also home to several parks.
- Deacon Mills Park is at the Marina. It has a band shell, picnic facilities, and ice skating in the winter.
- Highknocker Park is in downtown Green lake. It has a baseball field.
- Friday Club Park is also located downtown. It has public tennis courts and a fishing area.
- Hattie Sherwood Park is on the north shore of the lake. It has a sand swimming beach, a pier, and a camping area.
- Sunset Park is on the east end of Green Lake. It has a boat launch, swimming beach, picnic area and pier.
The small town has many shops and restaurants.
Images for kids
Images for kids
Green Lake, Wisconsin Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.