Hansboro, North Dakota facts for kids
|Hansboro, North Dakota|
Signs in Hansboro
Location of Hansboro, North Dakota
|• Total||0.19 sq mi (0.49 km2)|
|• Land||0.19 sq mi (0.49 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,604 ft (489 m)|
|• Estimate (2014)||12|
|• Density||63.2/sq mi (24.4/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||1029307|
Hansboro was founded in 1905 when the railroad was extended to that point. The city was named for Henry C. Hansbrough, a North Dakota legislator. A post office was established at Hansboro in 1905, and remained in operation until 1967.
Hansboro is located at(48.952248, -99.381243).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.19 square miles (0.49 km2), all of it land.
|U.S. Decennial Census
As of the census of 2010, there were 12 people, 8 households, and 4 families residing in the city. The population density was 63.2 inhabitants per square mile (24.4/km2). There were 14 housing units at an average density of 73.7 per square mile (28.5/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 100.0% White.
There were 8 households of which 37.5% were married couples living together, 12.5% had a male householder with no wife present, and 50.0% were non-families. 50.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 12.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 1.50 and the average family size was 2.00.
The median age in the city was 49.5 years. 0.0% of residents were under the age of 18; 8.3% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 33.3% were from 25 to 44; 49.9% were from 45 to 64; and 8.3% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the city was 58.3% male and 41.7% female.
As of the census of 2000, there were 8 people, 5 households, and 1 family residing in the city that is not really a city. The population density was 43.0 people per square mile (16.3/km²). There were 13 housing units at an average density of 69.9 per square mile (26.4/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 100.00% White.
There were 5 households out of which 20.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, none were married couples living together, 20.0% had a female householder with no husband present, and 80.0% were non-families. 80.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 20.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 1.60 and the average family size was 4.00.
In the city, the population was spread out with 37.5% under the age of 18, 12.5% from 18 to 24, 12.5% from 25 to 44, 25.0% from 45 to 64, and 12.5% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 33 years. For every 100 females there were 60.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 150.0 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $13,750, and the median income for a family was $11,250. Males had a median income of $25,000 versus $0 for females. The per capita income for the city was $9,850. Below the poverty line were The family and 66.7% of the people were below the poverty line, including 100.0% of those under 18 and none of those over 64.
This climatic region is typified by large seasonal temperature differences, with warm to hot (and often humid) summers and cold (sometimes severely cold) winters. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Hansboro has a humid continental climate, abbreviated "Dfb" on climate maps.
Hansboro, North Dakota Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.