India (disambiguation) facts for kids
India, officially the Republic of India (Bhārat Gaṇarājya) is a country in South Asia.
India may also refer to:
Geography and culture
- The entire Indian subcontinent, including all the India's neighboring countries
- The Indies, a former name used for all of south and southeast Asia
- The Indies or East Indies, the islands of Greater India
- The West Indies, the islands of the Caribbean
The term India has historically also been used to refer to:
- Hindustan, a name used for medieval India and still sometimes used for modern India
- British Raj, officially known as the Indian Empire
All content from Kiddle encyclopedia articles (including the article images and facts) can be freely used under Attribution-ShareAlike license, unless stated otherwise. Cite this article:India (disambiguation) Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.