Kayahan facts for kids
Quick facts for kids
Kayahan in his yacht at Bodrum in 1997.
|Birth name||Kayahan Açar|
29 March 1949|
|Died||3 April 2015
|Genres||Pop, Pop-Rock, Spoken Word, Ethnic, Folk, Indie|
|Occupation(s)||Guitarist, Singer-songwriter, producer|
Kayahan Açar (29 March 1949 – 3 April 2015) was a Turkish pop music singer-songwriter. He was an accomplished composer, consistently ranking among the best-selling Turkish musicians of all time. Kayahan composed all of his own material and released more than eight best-selling albums during a career spanning three decades. Kayahan released a number of compact cassettes, CDs and albums and had major singles. He represented Turkey in Eurovision Song Contest 1990.
Kayahan was born in İzmir. He was married three times and had two daughters. He died from multiple organ dysfunction syndrome due to lung cancer on 3 April 2015 at a hospital in Istanbul. He was laid to rest in Kanlıca Cemetery, which overlooks Bosphorus, following a memorial ceremony in Cemal Reşit Rey Concert Hall, and the religious funeral service at Teşvikiye Mosque, attended also by President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and a great number of renowned musicians.
- 1975 – Bekle Gülüm – Ateş (Wait, My Rose – Fire!)
- 1978 – İstanbul Hatırası – Neden Olmasın (A Souvenir from Istanbul – Why Not?)
- 1981 – Canım Sıkılıyor Canım (I Get Bored)
- 1987 – Merhaba Çocuklar (Hello Kids)
- 1988 – Benim Şarkılarım (My Songs)
- 1989 – Benim Şarkılarım 2 (Siyah Işıklar) (My Songs Vol. 2: Black Lights)
- 1991 – Yemin Ettim (I Swore)
- 1992 – Odalarda Işıksızım (Lightless in the Rooms)
- 1993 – Son Şarkılarım (My Last Songs)
- 1995 – Benim Penceremden (From My Window)
- 1996 – Canımın Yaprakları (Leaves of My Life)
- 1997 – Emrin Olur (Your Call)
- 1999 – Beni Azad Et (Set Me Free)
- 2000 – Gönül Sayfam (My Soul's Page)
- 2002 – Ne Oldu Can? (What Happened? My Dear)
- 2004 – Kelebeğin Şansı (The Luck of the Butterfly)
- 2007 – Biriciğime (To My One and Only)
- 2011 – 365 Gün (365 Days)
Images for kids
Kayahan Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.