Lakshmipur District facts for kids
Quick facts for kids
Location of Lakshmipur in Bangladesh
|• Total||1,440.39 km2 (556.14 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,200.500/km2 (3,109.280/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+6 (BST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+7 (BDST)|
Lakshmipur or Laxmipur District (Bengali: লক্ষ্মীপুর জেলা, Lakshmipur Jela also Lakshmipur Zila) with an area of 1455.96 km², is a district of Bangladesh. It is bordered by Chandpur District to the north, Bhola and Noakhali districts to the south, Noakhali District to the east, and Barisal and Bhola districts to the west.
The upazilas under this district are:
- Lakshmipur Sadar Upazila
- Raipur Upazila
- Ramganj Upazila
- Ramgati Upazila
- Kamalnagar Upazila
The district of Lakshmipur consists 3539 mosques, 45 temples, 1 churches.
- Mohammad Mohammadullah, (3rd President of Bangladesh), 24 December 1973 – 25 January 1975
- Mohammad Toaha, language activist of the Bengali Language Movement and politician
- A. S. M. Abdur Rab, Bangladeshi politician.
- Mohammad Noman, political leader of Jatiyo Party.
- Selina Parvin, (1931–1971), journalist and poet, martyr of Bangladesh War of Independence, was born in Ramganj Upazila
Lakshmipur District Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.