Lehr, North Dakota facts for kids
|Lehr, North Dakota|
Lehr City Hall and Water Tower
Location of Lehr, North Dakota
|• Total||0.19 sq mi (0.49 km2)|
|• Land||0.19 sq mi (0.49 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||2,070 ft (631 m)|
|• Estimate (2014)||79|
|• Density||421.1/sq mi (162.6/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||1036348|
Lehr is located at(46.282782, -99.352127).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.19 square miles (0.49 km2), all of it land.
Lehr is located on a county line with the north part of the city in Logan County and the south part in McIntosh County. Lehr is known as the smallest city in the United States situated in two counties.
|U.S. Decennial Census
As of the census of 2010, there were 80 people, 50 households, and 24 families residing in the city. The population density was 421.1 inhabitants per square mile (162.6/km2). There were 100 housing units at an average density of 526.3 per square mile (203.2/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 100.0% White.
There were 50 households of which 4.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 48.0% were married couples living together, and 52.0% were non-families. 46.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 34% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 1.60 and the average family size was 2.13.
The median age in the city was 70 years. 2.5% of residents were under the age of 18; 5.1% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 5.1% were from 25 to 44; 28.9% were from 45 to 64; and 58.8% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the city was 52.5% male and 47.5% female.
As of the census of 2000, there were 114 people, 65 households, and 36 families residing in the city. The population density was 638.8 people per square mile (244.5/km²). There were 98 housing units at an average density of 549.1 per square mile (210.2/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 99.12% White and 0.88% Native American.
There were 65 households out of which 4.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 47.7% were married couples living together, 6.2% had a female householder with no husband present, and 43.1% were non-families. 40.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 29.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 1.75 and the average family size was 2.24.
In the city, the population was spread out with 6.1% under the age of 18, 5.3% from 18 to 24, 16.7% from 25 to 44, 27.2% from 45 to 64, and 44.7% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 63 years. For every 100 females there were 90.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 91.1 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $20,938, and the median income for a family was $28,750. Males had a median income of $21,563 versus $13,333 for females. The per capita income for the city was $13,912. There were 11.1% of families and 13.9% of the population living below the poverty line, including no under eighteens and 15.2% of those over 64.
Lehr, North Dakota Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.