kids encyclopedia robot

Les Schwab Amphitheater facts for kids

Kids Encyclopedia Facts
Quick facts for kids
Les Schwab Amphitheater
Address 344 SW Sevlin-Hixon Dr
Bend, OR 97702
Location Southern Crossing
Capacity 8,000
Opened 2001

The Les Schwab Amphitheater is an outdoor amphitheater built in the historic Old Mill District in Bend, Oregon. The amphitheater was named in honor of Central Oregon businessman Les Schwab, a graduate of Bend High School.

Opened in 2001, the venue accommodates approximately 8,000 people for concerts and other events in a casual outdoor setting. On the west bank of the Deschutes River, it sits at an elevation of 3,600 feet (1,100 m) above sea level.


OMD Summer Sunday Concert Photos 002
A concert held at the venue in 2011

Free concerts by local and national performers are held most Sundays throughout the summer. Over the years, artists such as Phish, Coldplay, Willie Nelson, Dave Matthews Band and Bob Dylan have played at the Les Schwab Amphitheater, and the venue has hosted events such as Bend Brewfest.

The venue was one of four finalists selected in the 2016 Sunset Magazine Awards in the "Best Outdoor Music Venue" category, which honors a Western theater, amphitheater or other outdoor concert site for constantly delighting music lovers.


A 2015 research study found that the Les Schwab Amphitheater impacts the Central Oregon economy in the following ways:

  • 125,000 visitors to the venue brought in an estimated 27 million dollars of revenue to the region
  • Among the out-of-town visitors, 75 percent said they came specifically for the concert.
  • The average length of stay for out-of-town concert attendees was 3.4 nights with 74 percent staying in Bend lodging accommodations, and the remaining 26 percent divided between surrounding communities of Redmond, Sunriver and Sisters.
  • Total concert-related spending in the Central Oregon area was estimated to be nearly $19 million, spent on dining, shopping, lodging, recreation, groceries, gas stations, and a variety of other services.
  • Total trip-related spending by out-of-town visitors attracted to Bend specifically to attend the concert series was $16 million.

Images for kids

Women's History Month on Kiddle
Women Scientists of Antiquity
Mary the Jewess
kids search engine
Les Schwab Amphitheater Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.