List of dams and reservoirs in New Jersey facts for kids
Following is a list of dams and reservoirs in New Jersey.
All major dams are linked below. The National Inventory of Dams defines any "major dam" as being 50 feet (15 m) tall with a storage capacity of at least 5,000 acre feet (6,200,000 m3), or of any height with a storage capacity of 25,000 acre feet (31,000,000 m3).
Dams and reservoirs in New Jersey
- This list is incomplete. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
- Beatties Dam, Passaic River Little Falls
- Brick Township Reservoir, Brick Township Municipal Utilities Authority
- Butler Reservoir, Passaic County
- Colonial Lake, Lawrence Township
- Dundee Dam, Passaic River
- Farrington Lake, East Brunswick and North Brunswick
- Furnace Road Dam, Wanaque Reservoir, North Jersey District Water Supply Authority
- Hackensack Reservoir No. 2, United Water New Jersey
- Jersey City Reservoir No. 3
- Lake Carnegie Dam, Lake Carnegie, Princeton University
- Lake Hopatcong Dam, Lake Hopatcong, New Jersey Division Of Parks And Forestry
- Lake Tappan Dam, Lake Tappan, United Water New Jersey
- Manasquan Reservoir Dam, Manasquan Reservoir, New Jersey Water Supply Authority
- Mercer Lake, Mercer County Park
- Merrill Creek Dam, Merrill Creek Reservoir, Merrill Creek Owners Group
- Monksville Dam, Monksville Reservoir, North Jersey District Water Supply
- Oradell Reservoir Dam, Oradell Reservoir, United Water New Jersey
- Parsippany Dike, Boonton Reservoir (Jersey City Reservoir), Jersey City Department of Water
- Point View Dam, Point View Reservoir, Passaic Valley Water Commission
- multiple dams, Round Valley Reservoir, New Jersey Water Supply Authority
- Shadow Lake Dam, on Nut Swamp Brook in Monmouth County
- S.U.M. Dam, Passaic River Paterson
- Spruce Run Reservoir Dam, Spruce Run Reservoir, New Jersey Water Supply Authority
- Lake Sylva, The College of New Jersey
- Woodcliff Lake Dam, Woodcliff Lake Reservoir, United Water New Jersey
List of dams and reservoirs in New Jersey Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.