Mechanician facts for kids
A mechanician is an engineer or a scientist working in the field of mechanics, or in engineering, applied mechanics and similar fields. Sometimes mechanicians are also called mechaniker and mechanicist.
People who made lasting contributions to mechanics more than 100 years ago
- Guillaume Amontons: laws of friction
- Galileo Galilei: notion of strength.
- Josiah Willard Gibbs: thermodynamics
- Heinrich Rudolf Hertz: contact mechanics
- Issac Newton: Newton's laws, law of gravitation
Mechanician Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.