Patrick Harvie facts for kids
|Co-convener of the Scottish Green Party|
Serving with Eleanor Scott (2008-11)
Martha Wardrop (2011-13)
Maggie Chapman (2013-)
|Member of the Scottish Parliament
1 May 2003
|Born||18 March 1973
Vale of Leven, Dunbartonshire, Scotland
|Political party||Scottish Green Party|
|Alma mater||Manchester Metropolitan University|
Patrick Harvie (born 18 March 1973) is the co-convener of the Scottish Green Party (with Maggie Chapman) and Member of the Scottish Parliament for the Glasgow region. He was first elected in the 2003 election and was re-elected in 2007, 2011 and 2016.
- MSP for Glasgow region (2003–present)
- Member of the Finance and Constitution Committee (present)
- Convener of the Transport, Infrastructure and Climate Change Committee (2007–2011)
- Co-convener, Scottish Green Party (2008–present)
- Spokesperson for Finance, Economy, Fair Work, Equalities (present)
- Spokesperson for Justice, Communities, Europe and Constitutional Affairs (2005–2007)
- Spokesperson for Justice and Communities (2003–2005)
Harvie is an Honorary Associate of the National Secular Society, Honorary Vice-President of the Gay and Lesbian Humanist Association and a patron of Parents Enquiry Scotland. He is a board member of the Glasgay! Festival, and a member of Greenpeace, Friends of the Earth, Equality Network, Stonewall (UK), Amnesty International, Humanist Society Scotland, Campaign for Real Ale and the Campaign Against the Arms Trade. From 2003 till 2007, Harvie wrote a weekly column in the Scottish edition of the Big Issue.
He was also a candidate in the election for Rector of the University of Glasgow in February 2008.
Patrick Harvie Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.