Seven Springs, North Carolina facts for kids
|Seven Springs, North Carolina|
|• Total||0.3 sq mi (0.9 km2)|
|• Land||0.3 sq mi (0.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||52 ft (16 m)|
|• Density||261.9/sq mi (101.1/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1022549|
Seven Springs is located at(35.226246, -77.845761).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 0.3 square miles (0.78 km2), all of it land.
As of the census of 2010, there were 110 people, 43 households, and 27 families residing in the town. The population density was 261.9 people per square mile (100.6/km²). There were 67 housing units at an average density of 204.1 per square mile (78.4/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 84.88% White and 15.12% African American.
There were 43 households out of which 14.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 44.2% were married couples living together, 18.6% had a female householder with no husband present, and 34.9% were non-families. 32.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 23.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.00 and the average family size was 2.32.
In the town, the population was spread out with 17.4% under the age of 18, 4.7% from 18 to 24, 20.9% from 25 to 44, 23.3% from 45 to 64, and 33.7% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 50 years. For every 100 females there were 87.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 69.0 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $28,750, and the median income for a family was $29,063. Males had a median income of $29,375 versus $26,250 for females. The per capita income for the town was $46,922. There were no families and 8.0% of the population living below the poverty line, including no under eighteens and 16.0% of those over 64.
- Air: Seven Springs is served through nearby Kinston Regional Jetport (IATA: ISO, ICAO: KISO) with service to Orlando, Florida. Raleigh-Durham International Airport is the closest major airport with service to more than 45 domestic and international destinations. Goldsboro-Wayne Municipal Airport is an airport located in Wayne County, but is only used for general aviation.
- Interstate Highway: I-795 is the closest Interstate to Seven Springs, which is located 15 miles northwest in Goldsboro.
- Seven Springs is not served directly by passenger trains. The closest Amtrak station is located in Selma.
- Bus: The area is served by Greyhound with a location in nearby Goldsboro.
- The highways in Seven Springs are NC 55 and NC 903.Also near to Highway's 11,70 and Interstate's 40 and 95.
Seven Springs, North Carolina Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.